Nipple healing Ointment
Nipple soreness while breast feeding can be caused by different reasons:
fungus, yeast, Bacteria,..
There are some medications that are typically prescribed in different strengths for treatment:
- Mupirocin: an antibiotic, used to treat infections caused by bacteria
- Clotrimazole/Nystatin: antifungals, used to treat some types of fungal or yeast infections
- Betamethasone: a corticosteroid used to treat irritation, swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions
Anal Fissure Ointment
Anal Fissure: An anal fissure is a tear in the lining of the anal opening. Almost always the tear results from a combination of two factors:
- Irregular bowel patterns( either hard or liquid stool)
- Increased anal sphincter tone ( usually associated with stress). When hard stools pass through a tight anal opening, a laceration may occur and that is referred to as a fissure. Fissures can also be caused by anal trauma, laxative abuse, childbirth trauma, or laceration by a foreign object.
Once a fissure develops, the internal anal sphincter typically goes into spasm, causing further separation of the tear, impairing healing and causing pain. Exposure to feces also slows healing.
What are the symptoms of an anal fissure?
Common symptoms include rectal pain that may be worse with bowel movements, rectal burning, bleeding, itching, burning, or tearing sensation.
The goals of treatment are:
- To regulate the consistency of the stools( eliminating constipation and softening stools)
- Relaxation of the anal sphincter tone/spasm
- To avoid discomfort, bleeding and pain
- Healing of the fissure
In our state of art facility, our compounding specialists can prepare, compound, and customize different medications with variety of strength in an ointment base to help the healing process.
Please call our consultant pharmacist to go over the different combination ointments with you.